First Bank UK
FBN Bank (UK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of First Bank of Nigeria Plc, with offices in the heart of the City of London.
We are the London bank for Nigerians, either resident in the UK or simply visiting. We also offer our expertise in all West African countries.
We began trading on 1st November 2002, having received the relevant authorisation from the Financial Services Authority and the approval of the courts under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Before this date, there was simply a London branch of First Bank of Nigeria Plc, the assets and liabilities of which were absorbed by FBN Bank (UK) Ltd.
Having the right people working for FBN Bank (UK) ensures that we maintain our high standards of personal service. Leading our people and our strategy is the management team.
Treating customers fairly
FBN Bank (UK) Ltd are committed to treating customers fairly, the main principles of which are:
- Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture;
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly;
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale;
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances;
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect;
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.